Hunter leads UC Irvine past Vanguard 81-73Dec 13, 2009 - 5:30 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Michael Hunter tied his career high with 22 points to lead UC Irvine past Vanguard 81-73 Saturday night.
Hunter hit a career-high six 3s in nine attempts and added five assists.
Eric Wise had 17 points, eight rebounds and four assists while Zack Atkinson recorded his first career double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Atkinson was 7 of 11 from the field, hitting his final six attempts.
Darren Moore added 10 points for the Anteaters (5-3), who shot 51.7 percent from the field and hit 10 of 18 3-pointers for 55.6 percent. Mike Wilder recorded seven assists off the bench.
Gregory Scott scored a game-high 29 points for the NAIA Lions (1-4), hitting 11 of 16 from the field. Mitch Boyce scored 17 points off the bench and Elvis Whitelow had 10 rebounds.
The Lions hit 11 of 21 threes in the contest for 52.4 percent.
- NCAA BB
VANGUARD UNIV 73
UC IRVINE 81 FINAL
Dec 12 11:45 PM
- NCAA BB
VANGUARD UNIV 38
UC IRVINE 39 HALFTIME
Dec 12 10:46 PM
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17
- UC Irvine coach Turner lands contract extension Nov 7
- Gill leads Pacific to victory in Big West Conference final Mar 17
- Anteaters meet Tigers with Big West tourney title on line Mar 16
- UNLV takes down UC Irvine Nov 29