Princeton defeats UNC-Greensboro 65-50Dec 13, 2009 - 8:27 PM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Ian Hummer scored 17 points to lead Princeton to a 65-50 victory over North Carolina-Greensboro on Sunday.
Hummer was 4-for-5 from the field and 9-for-11 from the free throw line for the Tigers (4-4), who took a 13-point halftime lead and were never seriously challenged in the second half.
Ben Stywall, who scored 14 points, hit a free throw to help UNC-Greensboro (2-6) move to within 48-41 with 6:19 left in the game, but Douglas Davis made a jumper and Hummer hit four consecutive free throws to push the advantage to 54-41 with 4:35 remaining.
Princeton built its lead by finishing the first half on a 17-6 run, going from an 18-16 lead to a 35-22 margin at halftime.
Dan Mavraides added 13 points for Princeton, which shot 53.3 percent from the field (16-for-30) in the first half and finished at 50 percent for the game (25-for-50).
Brandon Evans scored 14 for the Spartans.
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 50 FINAL
Dec 13 2:53 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 22 HALFTIME
Dec 13 1:52 PM
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21
- No. 6 Orange set to pounce on Tigers Nov 21
- Princeton continues home dominance of Harvard Feb 12
- 25th-ranked Crimson set sights on Tigers Feb 11
- Kentucky escapes with last second win over Princeton Mar 17
- Princeton tops Harvard on last second basket, wins Ivy League Mar 12
- Jordan leads unbeaten UCF past Princeton Dec 30
- Duke begins title defense with rout of Princeton Nov 15
- Mitchell leads Saint Louis into CBI championship Mar 25