Florida Atlantic defeats New Orleans 66-48Dec 15, 2009 - 3:28 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Raymond Taylor scored 20 points and Florida Atlantic defeated New Orleans 66-48 on Monday night.
Taylor, the Owls leading scorer at 17.4 points per game, was 8 of 13 from the field and dished out five assists.
The Owls (5-4, 1-1 Sun Belt Conference) shot 51.7 percent from the field in the first half (15 of 29) to lead 34-28 at halftime.
Brett Royster and Sanchez Hughley scored 11 points each for Florida Atlantic.
The Owls scored 18 points off of 16 Privateers turnovers and broke New Orleans' four-game home winning streak.
The Privateers lost their Sun Belt home opener for the first time in seven tries.
Billy Humphrey was the lone player in double figures for New Orleans, scoring 12 points.
The Privateers shot 26.3 percent (5 of 19) and were 0-for-6 from 3-point range in the second half.
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 66
NEW ORLEANS 48 FINAL
Dec 14 9:47 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 34
NEW ORLEANS 28 HALFTIME
Dec 14 8:44 PM
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 11 North Carolina routs Florida International Nov 11
- Tar Heels and Owls meet to open Maui Invitational action Nov 11
- Hood helps Bulldogs down Owls Dec 14