Saint Mary's tops Portland State 101-80Dec 16, 2009 - 5:22 AM MORAGA, Calif.(AP) -- Omar Samhan scored 31 points and had 17 rebounds, Mickey McConnell added 16 points and nine assists and Saint Mary's beat Portland State 101-80 on Tuesday night.
Ben Allen had 10 points, eight rebounds and six assists for the Gaels (8-1), who won their sixth straight. Six players scored in double figures for Saint Mary's, which led by at least 10 points the entire second half.
Dominic Waters scored 22 points with a career-high seven rebounds and five assists while Jamie Jones added 16 points for Portland State (5-5). The Vikings committed a season-low eight turnovers but were outrebounded 39-22 and went 4 of 14 from 3-point range.
- Gonzaga comes alive late to top Saint Mary's Feb 22
- Zags seek multiple milestones in WCC showdown with Gaels Feb 21
- No. 3 Gonzaga pulls away to rout St. Mary's Jan 23
- Gaels and Zags square off in pivotal WCC clash Jan 22
- Harrison guides St. John's past St. Mary's Dec 20
- Gaels come calling on 20th-ranked Red Storm Dec 19
- Gonzaga rolls through Saint Mary's Jan 3
- Early WCC showdown pits Gaels against Zags Jan 2
- Memphis holds off Saint Mary's, advances to third round Mar 21
- Gaels get together with Tigers for second-round rumble Mar 20
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19