Robert Morris defeats Cleveland State 78-70Dec 16, 2009 - 2:52 AM CLEVELAND(AP) -- Gary Wallace scored 14 points off the bench and Robert Morris defeated Cleveland State 78-70 on Tuesday night.
Tied at 42-42, Robert Morris (4-5) went on a 15-1 run to lead 57-43 on Jimmy Langhurst's 3-pointer with 8:58 left to play.
The Vikings (4-7), who shot 36.7 percent in the second half (11 of 30), wouldn't get any closer than seven the rest of the way.
Robert Morris trailed 29-28 with 2:19 left until halftime, before outscoring the Vikings 6-3 to end the half. Brad Piehl capped the run with two straight baskets and the Colonials led 34-32 at halftime.
Robert Morris, which averaged 9.2 3-pointers in the past five games, was 5 of 7 from long range against the Vikings.
The Colonials shot 53.7 percent from the field (22 of 41).
Norris Cole led the Vikings with 22 points. Trevon Harmon added 17 and D'Aundray Brown scored 11 for Cleveland State.
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 78
CLEVELAND ST 70 FINAL
Dec 15 9:28 PM
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 34
CLEVELAND ST 32 HALFTIME
Dec 15 7:47 PM
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17