Coastal Carolina knocks off Georgia Southern 69-58Dec 16, 2009 - 2:41 AM STATESBORO, Ga.(AP) -- Chad Gray scored 24 points to lead Coastal Carolina to a 69-58 victory over Georgia Southern on Tuesday night and extend the Chanticleers' winning streak to five games.
Gray was 10-for-12 from the field to help Coastal Carolina pull away in the second half by shooting 64 percent from the floor (16-for-25). The Chanticleers (9-2), who are off to their best start since the 1981-82 season, shot 59.6 percent for the game (28-for-47).
Joseph Harris scored 13 points and had 10 rebounds for Coastal Carolina. Mario Edwards scored 12 points and Logan Johnson added 11 for the Chanticleers.
Willie Powers led Georgia Southern (3-8), which has lost four consecutive games, with 19 points.
Colby Wohlleb added 11 points for the Eagles, who shot 52.2 percent from the field (12-for-23) in the first half, but dropped to 33.3 percent in the second half (9-for-27).
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 69
GA SOUTHERN 58 FINAL
Dec 15 8:54 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 27
GA SOUTHERN 28 HALFTIME
Dec 15 7:50 PM
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Georgia Southern tabs Byington as men's basketball coach Apr 1
- Georgia Southern dismisses Young after 4 seasons Mar 12