Alabama defeats Samford 60-45Dec 17, 2009 - 3:14 AM TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- Mikhail Torrance scored 15 points and had seven assists, and JaMychal Green added 14 points to lead Alabama to a 60-45 victory over Samford on Wednesday night.
Coming off a 73-65 loss on Saturday to then-No. 5 Purdue in a game that they led by 16 points in the second half, the Crimson Tide (7-3) had little trouble defeating in-state foe Samford (3-7).
Josh Davis had 13 points for the Bulldogs, 10 coming in the first half.
Alabama had its largest lead, 60-40, with 4:15 to go in the game. In the first half, trailing 9-8, Alabama went on a 17-5 run to take a 25-14 lead at the 4:35 mark when Chris Hines stole the ball and scored on a fast-break layup. Torrance had 15 points in the first half and Green 10 as the Crimson Tide led at intermission 35-24.
Alabama outscored Samford 25-21 in the second half to seal it.
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Alabama point guard Ingram out for season with foot injury Dec 10
- Alabama's Avery Johnson set for college coaching debut Nov 12
- Alabama Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Avery Johnson stirring up excitement before Alabama debut Oct 29
- Alabama tabs Avery Johnson as men's basketball coach Apr 6