Late 3-pointer lifts Nevada by E. Washington 73-70Dec 18, 2009 - 5:15 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored 29 points and Brandon Fields hit a 3-pointer with 4.3 seconds left to lead Nevada over Eastern Washington 73-70 on Thursday night.
Fields finished with 17 points and Armon Johnson had 12 for the Wolf Pack (5-4).
Mark Dunn had 15 points, Kevin Winford scored 13 and Glen Dean had 13 points and 10 assists for the Eagles (4-6), who overcame an eight-point deficit with 6:21 left to tie it 70-70 with 1:22 left on a 25-foot 3-pointer by Benny Valentine.
Neither team could score on its ensuing possessions.
The Wolf Pack called time out with 12 seconds left, and Johnson found Fields on the right baseline for an open 3-pointer for the winner.
Dean's 3-point attempt at the buzzer fell short.
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 70
NEVADA 73 FINAL
Dec 17 11:52 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 35
NEVADA 37 HALFTIME
Dec 17 10:52 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14