Morehead State defeats East Tennessee State 60-58Dec 19, 2009 - 3:20 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Demonte Harper made two free throws with 34 seconds left and Morehead State defeated East Tennessee State 60-58 on Friday night.
Harper gave the Eagles (4-4) a 58-55 lead on a jumper with 1:04 remaining.
Jarvis Jones tied the game on a 3-pointer with 56 seconds left. But the Buccaneers (5-7) turned the ball over twice in the final minute as Micah Williams lost the ball out of bounds and Jocolby Davis traveled.
East Tennessee State led 26-25 at halftime, and the Eagles scored the first six points of the second half for a 31-26 lead on Kenneth Faried's layup with 18:45 to go.
Faried, No. 2 in the nation in rebounding (12.6), finished with 16. Morehead State outrebounded the Buccaneers 44-30.
Harper finished with 17 points, Terrance Hill 13 and Maze Stallworth 12 for the Eagles.
Jones and Tommy Hubbard scored 14 each for the Buccaneers.
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 58
MOREHEAD ST 60 FINAL
Dec 18 9:35 PM
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 26
MOREHEAD ST 25 HALFTIME
Dec 18 8:37 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23
- Bucs seek upset of fourth-ranked Wildcats Dec 22
- North Carolina crushes East Tennessee State Dec 9