Dayton rolls over Presbyterian 71-52Dec 20, 2009 - 3:29 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Wright and Mickey Perry scored 15 points each to lead Dayton to a 71-52 victory over Presbyterian on Saturday night.
Dayton (8-2) won its fifth straight game and 25th straight at home despite losing two starters to injuries in the first half. Forward Chris Johnson, the team's second-leading scorer, was hit in the head less than 2 minutes into the game. Guard Marcus Johnson later sprained his left ankle and was helped from the floor.
Perry and Josh Benson, who scored 10 points, led a bench that scored 43 points.
Dayton used a 17-0 run midway through the second half to push its lead to 63-41. Dayton's relentless man-to-man defense held the Blue Hose to 24.1 percent shooting from the floor in the second half and 33.3 percent for the game (18-for-54).
Jake Troyli and Chase Holmes scored 12 points apiece to lead Presbyterian (2-10), which started five freshmen.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Graham leads VCU past Dayton for A-10 crown Mar 15