COWI 57, Valparaiso 83Dec 20, 2009 - 3:44 AM VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP) -- Brandon Wood scored 21 points and Cory Johnson 20 as Valparaiso defeated Concordia, Wis., 83-57 Saturday night.
Ryan Broekhoff scored 17 points in 17 minutes for Valparaiso (5-6) and Michael Rogers had 11. The Crusaders, who led 51-22 at halftime and by 32 points early in the second half, outrebounded Concordia 45-32, and shot 53 percent from the field while limiting the visitors to 31 percent shooting. Valparaiso also enjoyed a 48-12 advantage in points in the paint.
Mitchell Schneider, with 17 points, was the only Concordia player in double figures. The Falcons (5-6) are members of NCAA Division III.
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Bryce Drew, Valpo agree on new 10-year deal Dec 18
- Nix, Michigan State cruise past Valpo in second round Mar 21
- Spartans set sights on Crusaders in NCAA Tournament tilt Mar 20
- Valpo downs Wright State for Horizon League title Mar 12
- Crusaders and Raiders clash for Horizon League championship Mar 12