Arkansas defeats Stephen F. Austin 72-69Dec 19, 2009 - 11:30 PM FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- Mike Washington scored a season-high 25 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Arkansas held off Stephen F. Austin 72-69 Saturday.
The Razorbacks (6-5) hit 14 of 21 shots in the second half after shooting just 34 percent from the field before halftime.
Mark Gomillia missed a 3-pointer for the lumberjacks (6-3) as time expired.
Stephen F. Austin led 33-28 at the break. It was the first time this season Arkansas has come back from a halftime deficit to win.
Stefan Welsh scored all of his 13 points after halftime and Marcus Britt added a season-high 11 points, including a pair of free throws in the final minute.
Walt Harris scored a team-high 22 points for Stephen F. Austin.
Arkansas used an 11-0 run early in the second half to build a 47-40 lead and never trailed again.
- NCAA BB
ARKANSAS 72 FINAL
Dec 19 6:01 PM
- NCAA BB
ARKANSAS 28 HALFTIME
Dec 19 4:47 PM
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Arkansas' Bell flourishing in expanded role for Razorbacks Jan 9
- Beard set to make return to action for Arkansas after arrest Dec 17
- Arkansas' Beard avoids trial, to return next month Nov 16
- Arkansas at a glance Oct 29