Northern Iowa defeats North Dakota 64-41Dec 19, 2009 - 9:39 PM GRAND FORKS, N.D.(AP) -- Reserve guard Marc Sonnen scored a career-high 21 points on seven 3-point shots to lead Northern Iowa to a 64-41 victory over North Dakota on Saturday.
Sonnen was 7 for 8 from behind the arc. Northern Iowa made 14 3-pointers.
Ali Farokhmanesh added 10 points for the Panthers (8-1). Coach Ben Jacobson, returning to his alma mater, led his team to its seventh consecutive victory.
Chris Clausen scored 10 points to lead North Dakota (1-11), which lost its seventh straight.
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Northern Iowa gives Jacobson a new 10-year deal Apr 2
- Rozier, Louisville top UNI to reach 4th straight Sweet 16 Mar 23
- East Regional action pits Cards against Panthers Mar 22
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20