Illinois State defeats Utah, 73-63Dec 20, 2009 - 1:42 AM SALT LAKE CITY(AP) -- Osiris Eldridge and Lloyd Phillips each scored 17 points to lead Illinois State over Utah 73-63 on Saturday.
The Redbirds (8-2) led from start to finish. When the Utes cut the margin to 50-45 on Luka Drca's 3-pointer, Eldridge hit a jumper and added a couple of free throws to raise the lead back to 9 and the Utes never got within fewer than 7 points the rest of the way.
Austin Hill scored 12 and Dinma Odiakosa added 10 as the Redbirds returned to their winning ways. Illinois State won its first seven games before losing to Niagara and Ohio.
Kim Tillie led Utah (5-6) with 19 points and Carlon Brown scored 15. Drca had 18 points, eight rebounds and five assists for the Utes, who were playing without forward Jay Watkins, sidelined with an abdominal strain.
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 73
UTAH 63 FINAL
Dec 19 8:12 PM
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 27
UTAH 20 HALFTIME
Dec 19 6:50 PM
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- No. 16 Utah, Krystkowiak look to pick up offensive pace Nov 11
- Utah Utes looking to build on Sweet 16 run without Wright Oct 28