Callahan leads South Dakota State to 80-72 victoryDec 20, 2009 - 4:30 AM BROOKINGS, S.D.(AP) -- Griffan Callahan came off the bench to score 15 points Saturday and South Dakota State took advantage of 20 turnovers by Central Michigan in an 80-72 victory.
The Jackrabbits (5-7) shot worse from the field (38.2 percent to 47.3 percent) and the free-throw line (81.4 percent to 93.3 percent) than Central Michigan, but made up for it by scoring 23 points off turnovers compared to just 10 for CMU.
SDSU's bench also outscored its counterparts from Central Michigan 41-29.
Dale Moss added 11 points for SDSU, while Kai Williams and Nate Wolters had 10 each.
Jordan Blitzer led Central Michigan (4-6) with 15 points. Robbie Harman and Marko Spica added 12 each.
CMU, which trailed 39-24 at halftime, shot 58 percent (18 for 31) in the second half but couldn't get closer than six points.
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 72
SO DAKOTA ST 80 FINAL
Dec 19 10:10 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 24
SO DAKOTA ST 39 HALFTIME
Dec 19 8:55 PM
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops South Dakota St. Dec 28