Penn State rolls to 104-57 win over Gardner-WebbDec 20, 2009 - 4:11 AM STATE COLLEGE, Pa.(AP) -- Talor Battle scored 21 points to lead six Penn State players in double figures in a 104-57 victory over Gardner-Webb on Saturday night.
The Nittany Lions (7-4), who were ice cold their previous three games, shot 53 percent from the field and made 12 of 26 3-pointers to top 100 points for the first time since a win over Virginia Military Institute on Dec. 30, 2006.
Tim Frazier scored 18 points, Bill Edwards had 13, Chris Babb and Andrew Ott had 12 apiece, and Andrew Jones scored 11 for Penn State.
Gardner-Webb (3-7), which lost its seventh straight game, got 26 points from Anton Silver, who was 9-for-12. The Runnin' Bulldogs shot 35 percent from the field and committed 20 turnovers.
Battle and Frazier had eight points each as the Nittany Lions scored 30 in the first 10 minutes. Penn State did most of its second-half work at the free throw line and finished 28-for-32.
- NCAA BB
PENN ST 104 FINAL
Dec 19 10:50 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GARDNER-WEBB 24 24
PENN STATE 44 44 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
GARDNER-WEBB - ANTON SILVER 8, C.J. HAILEY 6,
JOSHUA HENLEY 4
PENN STATE - TALOR BATTLE 13, TIM FRAZIER 10, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 5
Dec 19 9:49 PM
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Penn State at a Glance Oct 27
- Penn State's Chambers hopes momentum translates to wins Oct 27
- Freshmen expected to contribute heavily for Penn State Oct 7
- Chambers signs extension with Penn State Mar 20
- Russell rallies Ohio State past Penn State Mar 4
- Buckeyes hit road to tangle with Nittany Lions Mar 4
- No. 5 Wisconsin hangs on to beat Penn State Feb 18
- Penn State entertains No. 5 Wisconsin Feb 18
- Wells, Maryland edge Penn State Feb 15
- Penn State plays host to No. 19 Maryland Feb 14
- Thompson's career night helps Buckeyes top PSU Feb 11