Dahlman leads Wofford past N.C.-Asheville 68-42Dec 21, 2009 - 9:58 PM ASHEVILLE, N.C.(AP) -- Noah Dahlman scored 19 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Wofford to a 68-42 win over North Carolina-Asheville on Monday afternoon.
Dahlman, who pulled down eight offensive rebounds, was the only player for both teams to score in double figures. Twelve other Wofford scored at least two points.
The Terriers, who finished with 71 field goal attempts - making 27 of them, went 6-for-21 from beyond the arc. Tim Johnson had 11 rebounds for Wofford, which outrebounded N.C.-Asheville 43-35.
The Bulldogs (3-7) cut the score to 30-28 early in the second half. Wofford pulled ahead by 10 after its 9-1 run was capped by Brad Loesing's 3.
Kevin Giltner's dunk and Tim Johnson's layup pushed Wofford's lead to 45-31 with 11:50 left to play. Consecutive 3s by Cameron Rundles increased the margin to 23.
Chris Stephenson led N.C.-Asheville with nine points.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 42 FINAL
Dec 21 2:24 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 22 HALFTIME
Dec 21 1:21 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21
- Wolverines begin tournament run against Terriers Mar 20
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11