Miami beats North Carolina A&T 80-59Dec 22, 2009 - 2:31 AM CORAL GABLES, Fla.(AP) -- Malcolm Grant scored 14 points to lead Miami to an 80-59 victory over North Carolina A&T on Monday night.
Grant was one of five Hurricanes who scored in double figures. Dwayne Collins and Durand Scott each finished with 13 points, while James Dews and Cyrus McGowan each scored 10 points.
Miami (12-1) never trailed and opened to a 21-6 lead in the first 8:24. Scott scored eight points during the early run.
Reggie Johnson's three-point play with 5:23 remaining in the first half increased the Hurricanes lead to 33-13.
The Aggies (4-7) went on a 12-2 run early in the second half and cut Miami's lead to 52-42 with 12:58 remaining.
Collins responded with Miami's next seven points, including a driving slam dunk with 11:41 left for a 59-45 lead.
Dwane Joshua led North Carolina A&T with 14 points.
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 59
MIAMI FL 80 FINAL
Dec 21 9:08 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH CAROLINA A&T 22 22
MIAMI (FL) 44 44 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
NORTH CAROLINA A&T - ROBERT JOHNSON 5, DWANE JOSHUA 4,
JAMES PORTER 4
MIAMI (FL) - DURAND SCOTT 10, ANTOINE ALLEN 6,
ADRIAN THOMAS 6
Dec 21 8:09 PM
- Australian Vasiljevic signs to play basketball for Miami Apr 13
- Miami Hurricanes sophomore James Palmer decides to transfer Mar 28
- Miami falls to 0-3 in Sweet 16, routed 92-69 by Villanova Mar 25
- Friendship will take a backseat in Villanova-Miami matchup Mar 23
- Miami plays Villanova with chance at 1st Elite 8 berth Mar 21
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Fast-paced game expected in Miami, Buffalo matchup Mar 16
- Larranaga hopes Miami can recapture George Mason's magic Mar 8
- Larranaga optimistic No. 7 Hurricanes will finish strong Feb 29
- Miami's Newton suspended 3 games for violating team rules Feb 27
- No. 11 Hurricanes to face 4 ranked teams in 12 days Feb 18
- 7-foot Tonye Jekiri a big reason for Hurricanes' success Feb 11