Northern Colorado defeats San Jose State 93-69Dec 22, 2009 - 4:34 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Will Figures and Devon Beitzel scored 24 points each, leading Northern Colorado to a 93-69 victory over San Jose State Monday night.
Neal Kingman added 11 for Northern Colorado (10-3). The Bears are out to their best start since opening 10-2 in 1988-89.
Northern Colorado hit 18 of 37 from 3-point range, the most for the Bears this season. The previous best was 16.
Adrian Oliver led San Jose State (5-5) with 26 points. C.J. Webster contributed 16 for the Spartans, who were denied their first three-game winning streak of the year.
Oliver was coming off a 31-point game.
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 69
NORTHERN COLO 93 FINAL
Dec 21 11:19 PM
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 33
NORTHERN COLO 38 HALFTIME
Dec 21 10:15 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- San Jose State hires Dave Wojcik as basketball coach Mar 29
- San Jose State fires men's hoops coach Mar 13
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- Spartans seek upset of 25th-ranked Bulldogs Mar 2
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9