Colgate beats Dartmouth 63-44Dec 23, 2009 - 2:23 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Yaw Gyawu scored 14 points to help Colgate secure its first win of the season, beating Dartmouth 63-44 on Tuesday night.
Colgate (1-9) snapped a nine-game losing skid, matching its worst start since 1996-97.
Gyawu was the lone Raiders player in double figures, but Colgate got points from 10 different players. Gyawu finished 6-for-10 from the floor and Anthony Hill hit a team-high two 3-pointers on two attempts.
The Raiders were just 4 of 11 from long range, but the Big Green missed all nine of their 3-point attempts.
Colgate hit 90.5 percent from the free throw line (19-for-21) compared to a 75 percent mark for Dartmouth (6-for-8).
The Raiders led by three points at halftime, but outscored Dartmouth 38-22 in the second.
Marlon Sanders was the lone player in double figures for Dartmouth (2-9), scoring 13 points.
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 44 FINAL
Dec 22 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 22 HALFTIME
Dec 22 7:49 PM
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- Syracuse wins in midst of Fine allegations Nov 19
- Colgate comes calling on No. 5 Syracuse Nov 19
- Brust leads Wisconsin in rout of Colgate Nov 16
- Colgate visits No. 14 Wisconsin Nov 16