Chicago State tops Eastern Washington 62-53Dec 23, 2009 - 5:36 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Kabangu Kasamba and Damian Windham each scored 11 points to lead Chicago State over Eastern Washington 62-53 in the third round of the Las Vegas Classic on Tuesday night.
Both players were 4 of 6 from the field for Chicago State (4-7), which won its first game against a Division I school this year.
Jeffery Forbes led Eastern Washington (4-8) with 13 points and five steals. Mark Dunn had 12 points and eight rebounds for the Eagles, who shot 15 of 54 (28 percent) from the field.
The Cougars were 22 of 48 (46 percent) from the field. They never trailed and built a 34-20 halftime lead.
After trailing by 17 early in the second half, the Eagles cut it to 57-53 with 1:46 left.
But Victor Scott hit 5 of 6 free throws in the final 46 seconds to seal it for the Cougars.
Chicago State will play Wagner in the final round on Wednesday. Eastern Washington plays Jackson State.
- NCAA BB
CHICAGO ST 62
EASTERN WASH 53 FINAL
Dec 23 12:20 AM
- NCAA BB
CHICAGO ST 34
EASTERN WASH 20 HALFTIME
Dec 22 11:11 PM
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23
- Mustangs hope to end slide against undefeated Eagles Nov 22