North Florida beats New Orleans 64-49Dec 23, 2009 - 1:44 AM GULFPORT, Miss.(AP) -- Stan Januska scored 19 points and Germaine Sparkes added 13 points, leading North Florida over New Orleans 64-49 in the South Mississippi Christmas Classic on Tuesday night.
Johann Mpondo's layup put New Orleans up 6-5 less than 4 minutes into the game - it was the last time the Privateers would lead. Januska drilled a 3-pointer and dropped in a layup in quick succession, sparking an 18-0 North Florida run over the course of the next 11 minutes.
The Ospreys (3-7) led by 17 points at halftime and cruised to victory in the second. North Florida capitalized on 19 turnovers in the game.
Charles Carmouche was the only New Orleans (5-7) player in double figures, scoring 10.
The Ospreys have won two straight games for the first time this season. Prior to the current streak, North Florida had lost six in a row.
The Privateers are on a five game losing skid.
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 64
NEW ORLEANS 49 FINAL
Dec 22 7:28 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 35
NEW ORLEANS 18 HALFTIME
Dec 22 6:18 PM
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- No. 10 Gators fend off North Florida in opener Nov 9
- No. 10 Florida hosts North Florida in season opener Nov 8
- Florida Gulf Coast downs North Florida in Atlantic Sun quarterfinals Mar 6