Thompson, Morgan State overpower Towson 87-80Dec 23, 2009 - 3:49 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Kevin Thompson scored 23 points and grabbed 25 rebounds as Morgan State dominated the boards in an 87-80 victory over Towson on Tuesday night.
Thompson, a 6-foot-8 sophomore who came into the game averaging 12.2 rebounds, fifth in the nation, helped the Bears (7-4) roll up a 58-31 rebounding edge over the Tigers (3-9).
Reggie Holmes added 20 points for Morgan State.
Josh Thornton scored 21 points and Robert Nwankwo 19 to pace Towson, which actually outshot the Bears from the field, 47.6 percent (30-for-63) to 40.3 percent (31-for-77), as Morgan State missed 15 of 18 tries from 3-point range.
- NCAA BB
MORGAN ST 87 FINAL
Dec 22 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
MORGAN ST 46 HALFTIME
Dec 22 7:52 PM
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9
- Towson's Skerry given contract extension Aug 15
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16