Lee helps Old Dominion rout Charlotte 81-48Dec 24, 2009 - 2:20 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Gerald Lee scored 16 points to lead four Old Dominion players in double figures as the Monarchs routed Charlotte 81-48 on Wednesday night.
Lee was 8-for-10 from the floor, while Trian Iliadis added 13 points, Kent Bazemore had 11 and Frank Hassell 10.
Old Dominion (8-4), which ranks second nationally in scoring defense, took a 30-10 lead en route to a 40-13 halftime margin. The 49ers shot 16 percent from the floor in the first half (4-for-25) to the Monarch's 58.1 percent (18-for-31).
Charlotte (9-2) improved to 48.3 percent (14-for-29) in the second half, but could get no closer than 25 points and trailed by as many as 37.
The Monarchs outrebounded the 49ers 47-26 and had 24 assists.
Shamari Spears, Charlotte's leading scorer at 17.9 points per game, had 12 points while DiJuan Harris, who had been averaging 10.6 points per game, scored one point.
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 81 FINAL
Dec 23 8:47 PM
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 40 HALFTIME
Dec 23 7:46 PM
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Mark Price named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 26
- Reports: Price to be named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 25
- Major won't return as Charlotte coach Mar 15
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29