Houston races to 105-81 win over TCUDec 24, 2009 - 3:56 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Aubrey Coleman scored 33 points to lead Houston to a 105-81 victory over TCU Wednesday night.
Kelvin Lewis scored 25 and Adam Brown had 21 points and nine rebounds for the Cougars (7-3), who shot 57 percent from the field in the game. They were at 63 percent in the second half.
The Cougars forced 18 TCU turnovers, leading to 19 points.
TCU's last lead was 24-23 midway through the first half. A Lewis 3-pointer put Houston ahead and after the Horned Frogs drew even at 28, a pair of Maurice McNeil free throws put the Cougars ahead to stay. Houston led 52-40 at the half and held a double-figure lead the rest of the way.
Ronnie Moss led TCU (6-6) with 23 points. Zvonko Buljan had 13, Edvinas Ruzgas 12 and Greg Hill 11 for the Horned Frogs, who held a 42-28 rebounding edge.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TCU 40 41 81
HOUSTON 52 53 105 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: TCU - RONNIE MOSS 23, ZVONKO BULJAN 13,
EDVINAS RUZGAS 12
HOUSTON - AUBREY COLEMAN 33, KELVIN LEWIS 25,
ADAM BROWN 21
Dec 23 9:50 PM
- NCAA BB
HOUSTON 52 HALFTIME
Dec 23 8:49 PM
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- Mississippi State suspends F Demetrius Houston indefinitely Nov 17
- No. 9 Kansas squeaks past TCU Mar 12
- TCU faces tall task in Big 12 tourney tilt against Kansas Mar 12
- Morris, Niang power Iowa State past TCU Mar 8
- Cyclones battle Horned Frogs in regular-season finale Mar 7
- Sooners come back to beat TCU Feb 28
- TCU comes calling on No. 16 Oklahoma Feb 28
- Ellis, Jayhawks hold off TCU Feb 21
- Jayhawks host Horned Frogs in Big 12 brawl Feb 21