Pepperdine snaps 7-game skid, beats Utah 76-64Dec 24, 2009 - 5:03 AM By GREG BEACHAM AP Sports Writer
MALIBU, Calif.(AP) -- Mychel Thompson scored a career-best 25 points, Lorne Jackson added 18 and Pepperdine snapped a seven-game losing streak with a 76-64 victory over inconsistent Utah on Wednesday night.
Keion Bell had 17 points and nine rebounds for the Waves (4-10), who hadn't won since beating Monmouth 3 1/2 weeks ago. Pepperdine never trailed against the Utes (5-7), taking a 17-point lead in the first half and never letting the margin drop below five in the final minutes.
Carlon Brown scored 21 points and Marshall Henderson added 20, but their Utah teammates uniformly struggled in their third straight defeat. Utah hadn't lost to Pepperdine since the 1979 NCAA tournament.
- NCAA BB
PEPPERDINE 76 FINAL
Dec 23 11:58 PM
- NCAA BB
PEPPERDINE 34 HALFTIME
Dec 23 10:51 PM
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- No. 16 Utah, Krystkowiak look to pick up offensive pace Nov 11
- Utah Utes looking to build on Sweet 16 run without Wright Oct 28