3-pointers carry Missouri past Austin Peay, 94-79Dec 27, 2009 - 11:00 PM By ALAN SCHER ZAGIER Associated Press Writer
COLUMBIA, Mo.(AP) -- Kim English scored 23 points and Marcus Denmon tied a career-high with 17 points as Missouri relied on a barrage of 3-pointers to beat Austin Peay 94-79 on Sunday.
The Tigers (9-3) connected on 10 of 19 shots from beyond the arc, including eight in the first half. They broke open a close game with an 18-3 run over the final five minutes of the first half and led by as many as 27 points.
Wes Channels led Austin Peay (8-6) with 23 points. Anthony Campbell added 15 points and seven rebounds while John Fraley scored 10 points with nine rebounds for the Governors.
Missouri started out sluggish in its return to the court after defeating rival Illinois four days earlier for the first time in a decade. The lead changed 11 times before the Tigers pulled away.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
AUSTIN PEAY 35 44 79
MISSOURI 51 43 94 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: AUSTIN PEAY - WESLEY CHANNELS 25, ANTHONY CAMPBELL 15,
JOHN FRALEY 10
MISSOURI - KIM ENGLISH 23, MARCUS DENMON 17,
MICHAEL DIXON JR. 12
Dec 27 5:01 PM
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 35
MISSOURI 51 HALFTIME
Dec 27 3:51 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18