N.J. Tech 65, Wagner 56Dec 29, 2009 - 2:50 AM NEW YORK (AP) -- Chris Flores scored 25 points to lead New Jersey Institute of Technology to a 65-56 win over Wagner on Monday night.
Isaiah Wilkerson added 19 points and five assists for the Highlanders (4-9), who snapped a four-game losing streak. Both Wilkerson and Flores added six rebounds apiece.
The score was close for much of the game, but NJIT used a 10-2 run to take a 55-43 lead with 4:29 remaining. Wilkerson scored eight points during the run. Wagner would get no closer than within five points the rest of the way.
Wagner (2-11) was paced by Chris Martin, who finished with 18 points and six steals. Michael Orock added 11 points and 10 rebounds.
The Highlanders outrebounded Wagner 45-35.
It was the second meeting of the two teams this season, as NJIT also beat Wagner 56-51 on Nov. 24.
- NCAA BB
WAGNER 56 FINAL
Dec 28 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
WAGNER 24 HALFTIME
Dec 28 7:51 PM
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26