Fredette's 49 points lead BYU over Arizona 99-69Dec 29, 2009 - 4:06 AM By ANDREW BAGNATO AP Sports Writer
TUCSON, Ariz.(AP) -- Jimmer Fredette scored a school-record 49 points as Brigham Young routed Arizona 99-69 on Monday night.
Fredette also set a McKale Center single-game record.
Fredette topped the BYU record of 47 points, set by Bob Skousen against UCLA in 1961.
The McKale Center record was 45 points, by Providence's Eric Murdock on Dec. 23, 1990.
The Cougars (13-1) swept the Pac-10's Arizona schools by a combined 43 points.
Derrick Williams scored 17 points for Arizona (6-6), which has dropped two December home games for the first time since 1983, when the Wildcats opened 1-6 under first-year coach Lute Olson.
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA 69 FINAL
Dec 28 10:57 PM
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA 36 HALFTIME
Dec 28 9:49 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10