Utah Valley St. 51, California 85Dec 29, 2009 - 6:01 AM BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) -- Patrick Christopher scored 18 points, Jerome Randle had 16 and California easily beat Utah Valley 85-51 in the first round of the Golden Bear Classic on Monday night.
Theo Robertson added 13 points in his third game back from a foot injury for Cal, which was coming off a 25-point loss to top-ranked Kansas.
The Bears (7-4) will play Santa Barbara for the tournament championship on Tuesday. The game will also be Cal's final tuneup before opening its Pac-10 schedule at home against Stanford on Jan. 2.
Jordan Swarbrick had 15 points and four assists for Utah Valley (6-6), which had won five of seven before falling to the Bears.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSI 26 25 51
CALIFORNIA 40 45 85 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY - JORDAN SWARBRICK 15, SHAWN DEADWILER 12,
TYRAY PETTY 7
CALIFORNIA - PATRICK CHRISTOPHER 18, JEROME RANDLE
16, THEO ROBERTSON 13
Dec 29 12:21 AM
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 26
CALIFORNIA 40 HALFTIME
Dec 28 11:20 PM
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- After undefeated February, Cal seeks Pac-12 title in March Mar 1
- California looks to solve road woes on trip to Washington Feb 16
- Cal senior Tyrone Wallace out 4-6 weeks with broken hand Jan 19
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25