Samford beats Chicago State 63-46Dec 29, 2009 - 3:55 AM BIRMINGHAM, Ala.(AP) -- Josh Davis scored 19 points to lead Samford in a 63-46 victory over Chicago State on Monday night.
Bryan Friday added 15 points for Samford (6-7), which won its third in a row. Trey Montgomery chipped in with 10 points and five assists for Samford.
An early 10-0 run put the Bulldogs up 17-5 with 12:41 remaining, and Samford built a 36-25 lead at halftime. A 3-pointer from Gaby Bermudez capped a 14-3 run for Samford, and the Bulldogs took a 55-32 lead with 8:07 remaining for their largest lead of the game.
Antonio Lofton paced the Cougars (5-8) with 12 points and three steals. Chicago State snapped a two-game winning streak with the loss.
Samford shot 52.3 percent from the field (23-for-44), while Chicago State shot only 29.6 percent (16-for-54).
The Bulldogs outrebounded the Cougars 33-25.
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- Samford tabs Padgett new head coach Jun 6
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29
- Thomas, Memphis fend off Samford Nov 18
- Samford takes on No. 17 Memphis Nov 17
- No. 2 Louisville feasts on Samford Nov 15
- No. 2 Cardinals set sights on Bulldogs Nov 15
- SDSU comes alive late, keeps Chicago State winless Jan 11