Beitzel leads Northern Colorado past Denver 72-57Dec 29, 2009 - 4:09 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Devon Beitzel scored 11 of his 19 points in the second half to lead Northern Colorado to a 72-57 victory over Denver on Monday night.
Will Figures added 15 points for Northern Colorado (11-3). The Bears were 9 for 16 on 3-pointers and are off to their best start since opening 10-2 in 1988-89.
Andrew Hooper led Denver (9-4) with 14 points. Brian Stafford had 11 for the Pioneers, who had their three-game winning streak snapped.
Denver coach Joe Scott received his second technical foul and was ejected with 6:11 left.
The Pioneers haven't beaten the Bears in Greeley since Feb. 7, 2005.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- Marquette, minus Johnson-Odom, routs Northern Colorado Dec 17
- Bears try to clip wings of 11th-ranked Golden Eagles Dec 17