Ohio outlasts Elon 71-59Dec 30, 2009 - 2:33 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Armon Bassett scored 20 points and posted career highs with eight rebounds and seven assists, leading Ohio to a 71-59 win over Elon on Tuesday night.
Freshman point guard D.J. Cooper added 15 for the Bobcats (8-4), and has scored in double figures in nine of the 12 games in his collegiate career. Tommy Freeman and Jay Kinney also chipped in 10 points apiece.
Reggie Keely grabbed a career-high eight rebounds for Ohio.
Bassett also set a career best by hitting five 3-pointers for the Bobcats, who finished 11-for-27 from long range (40.7 percent).
The Phoenix (3-9) were 5-for-23 from beyond the arc (21.7 percent).
The Bobcats trailed by one point at halftime, but used a 7-2 run out of the locker room to take their first lead of the second half. Ohio's 14-4 run midway through the second sealed the game.
Drew Spradlin led Elon with 20 points.
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- UMass continues winning ways, downs Elon Jan 18
- Minutemen meet Phoenix in non-league tussle Jan 18
- Duke routs Elon Dec 31
- Elon seeks upset of No. 7 Duke Dec 31
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Dinwiddie leads Colorado over Elon Dec 14
- No. 21 Colorado puts streak on the line against Elon Dec 13