Bradley beats Drake 67-59Dec 30, 2009 - 3:33 AM DES MOINES, Iowa(AP) -- Andrew Warren scored 24 points and Taylor Brown contributed 17 points and 11 rebounds as Bradley defeated Drake 67-59 Tuesday night.
The game was the Missouri Valley Conference opener for both teams.
Drake led 39-34 with 12:22 to go, but Bradley scored the next eight points to go up by three. Warren made a 3-pointer to break a 44-44 tie and the Braves (6-5) held the lead the rest of the way.
The Braves enjoyed a 28-10 advantage in points in the paint and went 18-for-21 from the free-throw line.
Sam Maniscalco had 14 points for the Braves. Warren had eight rebounds and made four of Bradley's five 3-pointers.
Josh Young led the Bulldogs (5-8) with 14 points. Aaron Hawley scored 11 and Craig Stanley 10 for Drake, which shot just 34 percent in the game from the field.
- NCAA BB
DRAKE 59 FINAL
Dec 29 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
DRAKE 28 HALFTIME
Dec 29 8:55 PM
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25