Northeastern beats Santa Clara 62-50Dec 30, 2009 - 4:43 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Matt Janning scored 18 points and made five rebounds to lead Northeastern to a 62-50 win over Santa Clara on Tuesday night in the semifinals of the 43rd annual Cable Car Classic.
The Huskies (4-7) also leaned on the efforts of Chaisson Allen, who scored 14 points, to earn their second consecutive win following five losses. Nkem Ojougboh added 12 points and 13 rebounds for Northeastern, who shot 39.2 percent from the field compared to Santa Clara's 29.1 percent.
Marc Trasolini led the Broncos (7-7) with 14 points, while Niyi Harrison added 13 of his own to go along with 11 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
SANTA CLARA 50 FINAL
Dec 29 10:58 PM
- NCAA BB
SANTA CLARA 22 HALFTIME
Dec 29 9:56 PM
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10
- Michigan State cruises past Santa Clara Nov 25