Tennessee-Martin holds off Westminster 71-59Dec 31, 2009 - 12:43 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- Reuben Clayton scored 20 points and had eight rebounds to lead Tennessee-Martin to a 71-59 victory over Westminster (Mo.) on Wednesday night.
Benzor Simmons and MJ Brown added eight rebounds each as the Skyhawks (2-9) outrebounded the Blue Jays 45-33 on their way to snapping a seven-game losing streak.
Westminster (6-4), a Division III team that had won six straight games, trailed by 18 with 10:43 remaining, but cut the deficit to 63-59 on Stanley Crawford's two free throws with 3 minutes left in the game.
That's as close as the Blue Jays got, however, as Tennessee-Martin finished the game on an 8-0 run, going 8-for-10 from the free throw line.
Brown had 14 points, Simmons scored 13 and Terrance Coleman added 11 points for Tennessee-Martin.
Jake Vislay led Westminster with 19 points. Stanley Crawford scored 14 and Kurt Kovach had 12 points and nine rebounds.
- NCAA BB
WESTMINSTER MO 59
UT MARTIN 71 FINAL
Dec 30 6:53 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTMINSTER MO 30
UT MARTIN 41 HALFTIME
Dec 30 5:54 PM
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4
- No. 22 Murray State opens conference play with win Dec 22
- Mississippi State routs UTM Nov 26
- Skyhawks face tall task in clash with 24th-ranked Bulldogs Nov 25
- Louisville levels UT-Martin Nov 11
- No. 9 Louisville kicks off campaign against UT-Martin Nov 11
- Buckeyes roll to 60-point win over UT-Martin Dec 27