Navy beats Coppin State 78-75 on last-second shotDec 31, 2009 - 2:39 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Jordan Sugars hit a 3-pointer with 1 second remaining and Navy beat Coppin State 75-72 on Wednesday night.
Sugars, who was 7 of 15 from 3-point range, led the Midshipmen (5-8) with 27 points. Chris Harris added 20 points and Jeremy Wilson had 10. Harris hit four 3-pointers to become Navy's career leader with 238 3-pointers in his career.
The Midshipmen, who snapped a four-game losing streak, made 13 3-pointers and shot 44.8 percent (13 for 29) from behind the arc, both season highs.
With the game tied 69-69, Sugars hit a 3 to give the Midshipmen a 72-69 lead with 2:02 remaining. Kareem Brown tied the game for the Eagles on a 3-pointer with 1:40 left. The Midshipmen pushed the lead to 75-72 with three free throws before Brown hit another triple to tie the score with 7 seconds left.
Brown led the Eagles (5-6) with 23 points and Vince Goldsberry added 19.
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 75
NAVY 78 FINAL
Dec 30 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 33
NAVY 35 HALFTIME
Dec 30 7:53 PM
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- No. 1 Indiana rolls over Coppin State Dec 2
- No. 1 Indiana plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 24 Illinois races past Coppin State Dec 11
- Coppin State seeks upset of No. 24 Illinois Dec 11
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10