Northern Colorado holds off TCU for 64-53 victoryDec 31, 2009 - 3:18 AM FORT WORTH, Texas(AP) -- Devon Beitzel scored 15 points and Will Figures added 13 to help Northern Colorado defeat TCU 64-53 Wednesday night.
Chris Kaba added 11 points and Elliott Lloyd 10 for the Bears (12-3), who improved to 3-1 against Mountain West teams. Earlier this season Northern Colorado, a member of the Big Sky Conference, beat Colorado State and Air Force and lost to Wyoming.
Kevin Butler, Xavier Roberson, Ronnie Moss and Zvonko Buljan each scored 10 points for the Horned Frogs (6-7).
After trailing by as many as 11 in the second half, TCU pulled to within 58-53 with 2:51 remaining but failed to score again.
A layup by Will Figures gave the Bears a 37-36 advantage with 16:57 to play and they led the rest of the way.
TCU committed 19 turnovers, which Northern Colorado converted into 23 points.
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 64
TCU 53 FINAL
Dec 30 9:40 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 33
TCU 32 HALFTIME
Dec 30 8:43 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- No. 9 Kansas squeaks past TCU Mar 12
- TCU faces tall task in Big 12 tourney tilt against Kansas Mar 12
- Morris, Niang power Iowa State past TCU Mar 8
- Cyclones battle Horned Frogs in regular-season finale Mar 7
- Sooners come back to beat TCU Feb 28
- TCU comes calling on No. 16 Oklahoma Feb 28
- Ellis, Jayhawks hold off TCU Feb 21