Sanders helps BC hold off South Carolina 85-76Dec 31, 2009 - 4:18 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Rakim Sanders scored 22 points, Reggie Jackson 16 and Boston College held on for a 85-76 win over South Carolina after nearly blowing a 21-point halftime lead on Wednesday night.
It was the third straight win for the Eagles (9-4) after embarrassing home losses to Harvard and Rhode Island - both teams from weaker conferences.
Biko Paris added 14 points, with four coming on free throws in the closing minute, for Boston College.
Devan Downey had 29 points and seven assists, and Brandis Raley-Ross scored 13 points for South Carolina (8-4).
The Gamecocks lost their third game to an Atlantic Coast Conference team this season. They also were beaten by Miami and Clemson.
South Carolina, which trailed 48-27 at halftime, quickly got back into the game by forcing turnovers and frustrating the Eagles' offense with a fullcourt press.
- NCAA BB
SOUTH CAROLINA 76
BOSTON COLLEGE 85 FINAL
Dec 30 11:00 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH CAROLINA 27
BOSTON COLLEGE 48 HALFTIME
Dec 30 9:46 PM
- South Carolina forward Raymond Doby leaving the program May 18
- South Carolina dismisses suspended players Gregory, Cobb Apr 4
- Gamecocks give men's coach Frank Martin 4-year extension Apr 1
- South Carolina got told it was in - except, it wasn't Mar 31
- Offseason questions loom for Frank Martin, South Carolina Mar 23
- 2 South Carolina players arrested over BB gun shooting Mar 17
- 5 South Carolina players suspended before NIT game Mar 15
- South Carolina moving on from NCAA snub Mar 14
- South Carolina looking to take next step at SEC Tournament Mar 8
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings Feb 9
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M Feb 5