Cleveland State routs Youngstown State 70-48Jan 3, 2010 - 2:46 AM YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio(AP) -- Norris Cole had 20 points and 10 assists, and Cleveland State defeated Youngstown State 70-48 on Saturday night for its first Horizon League victory of the season.
Jared Cunningham added 13 points and Jeremy Montgomery had 12 for the Vikings (5-10, 1-2). The Vikings outrebounded Youngstown State 44-31, behind a game-high 16 boards by Aaron Pogue. D'Aundray Brown added 10 rebounds.
The Vikings, who have four losses to top-15 teams, jumped out to a 42-19 lead. Cleveland State led by 16 points or more the rest of the game and held its biggest advantage at 63-39 on a 3-pointer by Montgomery with 7:38 to play.
The 48 points allowed was the fewest given up by the Vikings in 21 games.
Sirlester Martin led the Penguins (5-8, 0-4) with 15 points. DeAndre Mays and Kelvin Bright each added 11 points.
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 70
YOUNGSTOWN ST 48 FINAL
Jan 2 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 42
YOUNGSTOWN ST 19 HALFTIME
Jan 2 7:57 PM
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- Kentucky fends off upset-minded Cleveland State Nov 25
- Vikings face daunting task against mighty Wildcats Nov 25
- Leslie, NC State down Cleveland State Dec 8
- Vikings come calling on 25th-ranked Wolfpack Dec 8
- No. 5 Michigan thumps Cleveland State Nov 14
- Vikings tangle with fifth-ranked Wolverines Nov 13