Texas-Arlington wins 72-64Jan 3, 2010 - 3:29 AM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Armani Williams scored a career-high 23 points as Texas-Arlington defeated UT Dallas 72-64 on Saturday night.
The Mavericks (6-5) led 58-52 with just under 10 minutes to play before Williams scored 11 of the next 13 UTA points to help seal the victory.
Marquez Haynes added 17 for the Mavericks and Brandon Long had 12.
UT Arlington led by just two at halftime at 38-36 and quickly scored the first six points of the second half before the Comets (7-3) went on a 9-0 run to take a 45-44 lead. Over the next four minutes, the game featured two ties and neither team held larger than a three point lead.
Scott Rodgers led the Comets with 18 points. UT Dallas had four players score in double figures.
The Mavericks also held a 39-29 rebounding margin which was their largest of the season.Both teams were hampered by turnovers as the Mavericks had 18 and UT Dallas had 16.
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17
- Mavericks square off with Aggies in WAC championship game Mar 16
- Oklahoma State pounds UT-Arlington Dec 19
- Mavericks come calling on 24th-ranked Cowboys Dec 19
- UT-Arlington extends Cross through 2016 Apr 17
- Miller leads ninth-ranked Bears past Mavericks Nov 24