Western Michigan dominates Michigan-Dearborn 86-45Jan 6, 2010 - 2:11 AM KALAMAZOO, Mich.(AP) -- All 13 players scored as Western Michigan cruised to an 86-45 victory over Michigan-Dearborn on Tuesday night.
David Kool's 15 points led the Broncos (8-5), who won their fourth in a row. Reserves Flenard Whitfield added 14 and David Brown 13 as Western Michigan got 54 points from bench players.
Donald Lawson pulled down 12 rebounds as Western Michigan piled up a 64-33 advantage over the NAIA Wolves (3-11).
Le'Ante Duren led Michigan-Dearborn with 11 points.
The closest the Wolves got was a 6-5 deficit after Matt Ponik's 3-pointer with 16:39 left in the first half.
Western Michigan led 46-23 at intermission and did not let up in the second half. The gap reached 40 at 70-30 on Brown's layup with 11:33 left. The biggest lead was 46 points, at 86-40, on Muhammed Conteh's layup with 2:38 left.
- NCAA BB
MICH DEARBORN 45
WESTRN MICHIGAN 86 FINAL
Jan 5 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
MICH DEARBORN 23
WESTRN MICHIGAN 46 HALFTIME
Jan 5 7:52 PM
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Missouri tops Western Michigan, extends home streak Dec 15
- Tigers hope to continue perfect run against visiting Broncos Dec 15
- Leslie and Wolfpack take down Broncos Dec 29
- No. 23 Wolfpack welcome Broncos to Raleigh Dec 29
- Wolverines make quick work of Western Michigan Dec 5
- Third-ranked Wolverines clash with instate rival Broncos Dec 4
- Duke destroys Western Michigan Dec 30