Western Carolina routs Berea 124-58Jan 6, 2010 - 3:04 AM CULLOWHEE, N.C.(AP) -- Anthony Phillip scored 19 points to lead five players in double figures and 13 with at least two points in Western Carolina's 124-58 win over Berea College on Tuesday night.
Harouna Mutombo hit a 3-pointer 22 seconds into the game and the Catamounts (12-2) didn't look back, finishing four points shy of their largest margin of victory (75 against Toccoa Falls on Nov. 6, 2001).
Western Carolina jumped out to a 22-2 lead on Jake Robinson's 3-pointer with 14:46 left in the first half to improve to 8-0 at home.
Mutombo and Robinson finished with 15 points each, Antoine Childs added 14 and Mike Williams had 10 for Western Carolina.
The Catamounts shot 63.4 percent from the field (45 of 71) and 68 percent from 3-point range (17 of 25). Western Carolina's 17 3-pointers tied a school record.
Mikah Turner scored 22 points for the Mountaineers (9-7).
- NCAA BB
BERREA COLLEGE 53
WESTRN CAROLINA 124 FINAL
Jan 5 8:50 PM
- NCAA BB
BERREA COLLEGE 29
WESTRN CAROLINA 57 HALFTIME
Jan 5 7:49 PM
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11
- Catamounts and Terriers meet for SoCon crown Mar 10
- Young leads Oregon past Western Carolina Nov 14
- Whittington, Georgetown down Western Carolina Dec 15
- Catamounts seek upset of 15th-ranked Hoyas Dec 15
- Richardson leads No. 13 Illinois past Western Carolina Dec 5
- No. 13 Illinois plays host to Western Carolina Dec 4
- Davidson takes home Southern Conference title Mar 6
- SoCon title tilt pits Catamounts against Wildcats Mar 5
- Sullinger, No. 2 Ohio State beat Catamounts Dec 12
- Wofford defeats Western Carolina 77-58 Mar 7