Alabama-Birmingham holds off Tulane 58-49Jan 10, 2010 - 3:59 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Elijah Millsap scored 13 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and Howard Crawford added 13 points to help Alabama-Birmingham beat Tulane 58-49 on Saturday night.
The Blazers (14-2, 2-0 Conference USA) have won five in a row against Tulane and eight of the last nine games in the series. It was the Blazers' third straight win and 13 out of their last 14.
The Blazers led by nine at halftime, 27-18, and led by at least six points in the second half. Cameron Moore hit a free throw with 12 seconds remaining to give the Blazers their biggest lead of the game at 58-46.
Tulane got 17 points off 18 Blazer turnovers, but shot only 36.2 percent (17 of 47) for the game. Trent Rogers had four steals for the Green Wave.
Kendall Timmons scored 16 points to lead the Green Wave (5-10, 0-2), who have lost their last three games.
- UAB gives Robert Ehsan 5-year deal worth $450,000 annually Apr 20
- UAB elevates Rob Ehsan to become men's basketball coach Apr 4
- Tulane's Dunleavy explains decision to try college now Mar 29
- Ex-NBA coach Dunleavy Sr. takes first college job at Tulane Mar 28
- Tulane AD: Ed Conroy out as Tulane men's basketball coach Mar 14
- UAB, Haase agree to new 6-year contract Mar 25
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- UAB topples Iowa State for first upset of tourney Mar 19
- Cyclones start tournament in showdown with Blazers Mar 19
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14