Fla. International defeats Middle Tennessee 65-58Jan 15, 2010 - 4:46 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- Marvin Roberts scored 17 points and Florida International led throughout the second half to defeat Middle Tennessee 65-58 on Thursday night.
The Golden Panthers (6-14, 3-4 Sun Belt Conference) shot 60.9 percent from the field (14-for-23) in the second half and 56.5 percent for the game (26-for-46).
Florida International used a 13-2 run to build a 47-30 lead with 12:23 left in the game. Roberts, Stephon Weaver and JC Otero hit consecutive 3-pointers to cap the run.
Middle Tennessee (8-9, 3-2) cut its deficit to 61-56 on Desmond Yates' jumper with 54 seconds left, but the Blue Raiders could get no closer.
Otero finished with 11 points and Marlon Bright had 10 rebounds for Florida International.
Montarrio Haddock scored 23 points and had 10 rebounds for Middle Tennessee. Yates finished with 16 points.
- NCAA BB
MIDDLE TENN 58 FINAL
Jan 14 9:55 PM
- NCAA BB
MIDDLE TENN 25 HALFTIME
Jan 14 8:46 PM
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22
- Cardinals fly south to take on Panthers Dec 21
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21