USC posts historical rout of rival UCLA, 67-46Jan 17, 2010 - 3:06 AM By GREG BEACHAM AP Sports Writer
LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Dwight Lewis hit five 3-pointers while scoring 24 points, and Southern California rolled to its biggest victory ever at its archrivals' hallowed Pauley Pavilion, beating UCLA 67-46 Saturday.
Nikola Vucevic had 19 points and six rebounds for the Trojans (11-6, 3-2 Pac-10), who earned their ninth win in 11 games while bouncing back from two Bay Area losses (Stanford and California) with their biggest victory at Pauley since it opened in 1965 - and their biggest win over UCLA anywhere since the 1940s.
USC, which already banned itself from postseason play this spring, earned its first road victory of the season with this one-sided win over the rebuilding Bruins (7-10, 2-3), who were dominated defensively and outrebounded 37-22.
Malcolm Lee and Michael Roll lead the Bruin with 12 points each.
- NCAA BB
UCLA 46 FINAL
Jan 16 9:26 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
USC 33 33
UCLA 21 21 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
USC - DWIGHT LEWIS 17, ALEX STEPHESON 7,
MARCUS JOHNSON 4
UCLA - MALCOLM LEE 6, REEVES NELSON 6,
JAMES KEEFE 4
Jan 16 8:23 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Southern California looks to improved talent to find way up Oct 28
- Southern California Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28