South Dakota slides past North Dakota 74-64Jan 17, 2010 - 4:58 AM VERMILLION, S.D.(AP) -- Roman Gentry scored a season-high 27 points as he led South Dakota to a 74-64 victory over North Dakota on Saturday night.
Gentry was one of four players to score double digits for the Coyotes (9-8, 1-0 Great West).
Tyler Cain finished with a double-double, scoring 12 points and grabbing 16 rebounds, while Louie Krogman chipped in with 12 points and Jake Thomas added 11.
The Fighting Sioux (3-15, 1-1) trailed by just two points at halftime and grabbed a 40-37 lead early in the second period.
But foul trouble plagued them in the final half, with Patrick Mitchell and Derek Benter each picking up technical fouls. The Coyotes had 39 tries from the free-throw line in the half and were able to turn them into 26 points.
Mitchell finished with 17 points, while Travis Martens added 11 and Nick Haugen had 10.
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 64
SOUTH DAKOTA 74 FINAL
Jan 16 11:15 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 30
SOUTH DAKOTA 32 HALFTIME
Jan 16 9:58 PM
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31