Cleveland State beats Wis-Green Bay 64-50Jan 23, 2010 - 2:52 AM CLEVELAND, Ohio(AP) -- Norris Cole scored 22 points and dished out eight assists, leading Cleveland State in a 64-50 win over Wisconsin-Green Bay on Friday night.
Aaron Pogue added 11 points and Jeremy Montgomery chipped in with 10 for the Vikings (8-12, 4-4 Horizon League), who snapped a two-game skid and have won four of their last six.
Cole and Trevor Harmon hit two 3-pointers apiece for the Vikings, who finished 7-for-16 from beyond the arc (43.8 percent). The Phoenix were just 1-for-8 from 3-point range (12.5 percent).
Cole, D'Aundray Brown and Harmon each hit 3-pointers in the game's first 3 minutes, sparking a 13-2 Vikings run to open the game. Cleveland State never trailed in the contest, leading by 16 at the half.
Rian Pearson led the Phoenix (14-7, 6-3) with 14 points. Randy Berry tallied a double-double, scoring 11 points and pulling down 11 rebounds for the Phoenix.
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- No. 3 Wisconsin cruises past Green Bay Nov 20