Bucknell rallies for 62-61 win over ColgateJan 23, 2010 - 9:36 PM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Mike Muscala hit a jump shot with 2:09 to go to lift Bucknell past Colgate 62-61 on Saturday.
In the possessions following Muscala's shot, which gave Bucknell its first lead, Ben Johnson missed a 3 and Kyle Roemer had a block for the Raiders (5-14, 1-4 Patriot League). After the block, Darryl Shazier stole the ball back for Bucknell (7-14, 2-3), but Muscala missed a 3-pointer with 14 seconds left.
Colgate didn't get a shot off the rest of the way.
The Raiders led 61-57 on Roemer's jumper with 4:09 left. Bryan Cohen then hit a free throw for the Bison and Mitch Rolls had a steal. Muscala hit a layup on the other end to pull Bucknell within 61-60 with 2:43 left.
G.W. Boon had 17 points and Muscala 16 for the Bison, who equaled their win total from last season.
Roemer finished with 19 points and Yaw Gyawu had 14 in Colgate's fourth-straight loss.
- NCAA BB
COLGATE 61 FINAL
Jan 23 3:46 PM
- NCAA BB
COLGATE 40 HALFTIME
Jan 23 2:47 PM
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20