Northwestern State beats Nicholls State 99-98, OTJan 24, 2010 - 2:35 AM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Devon Baker hit a free throw with 1 second left to give Northwestern State a 99-98 win over Nicholls State in double overtime on Saturday.
Baker, who finished with 17 points, also hit a layup at the end of the first overtime to tie the score at 89-89.
The Demons (6-11, 1-3 Southland Conference) led 98-93 with 1:03 left in the final overtime, before Anatoly Bose converted a three-point play and made two free throws to tie it.
Northwestern State shot 64.7 percent in overtime (11 of 17) to snap a six-game losing streak.
Damon Jones scored 25 points, Will Pratt 22 and Michael McConathy 16 for the Demons.
Bose scored 46 points and grabbed 14 rebounds for the Colonels (6-12, 2-3).
The 46 points broke a Prather Coliseum record set 34 years ago by Demons coach Mike McConathy. Bose scored 16 points in overtime, including all of the Colonels' nine in the second period.
- NCAA BB
NICHOLLS ST 98
NORTHWESTERN ST 99 FINAL IN 2ND OT
Jan 23 8:34 PM
- NCAA BB
NICHOLLS ST 27
NORTHWESTERN ST 33 HALFTIME
Jan 23 6:29 PM
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23